Dimensions and Other Features of a 40 Yard Dumpster Rental
A 40 yard dumpster is our largest size available in most areas and will give you the ability to handle the biggest project or get rid of large amounts of debris.
- Typical Dimensions: A 40 yard dumpster is the largest size available and typically measures 20 feet x 8 feet x 6 feet.
- Capacity: Hold about 12 pickup truck loads.
- General Weight Limit: 5 - 6 tons (10,000 - 14,000 pound weight limit) of material in this 40 yard roll off dumpsters. Call 408 872 2385 to know the weight limits in your area.
Is a 40 Yard Dumpster Right for Your Project?
Renting a 40 cubic yard dumpster is often used for projects like large home renovations or construction, commercial clean outs or large amounts of debris. Here are some examples:
- Quickly dispose of common building materials like wood, metal, drywall, carpeting and tiles.
- Commercial roof tear off.
- Commercial building clean out.
- New construction, major additions or any project that encompasses 2,000 square feet or more.
Before renting on this size, keep in mind that certain debris types, including yard waste and heavy debris like concrete or shingles cannot be disposed of in a 40 yard dumpsters. You also cannot mix construction debris with household debris in this size container. If you need to get rid of materials like these, give our team a call at 408 872 2385 to ask about special use dumpster options in your area.
Delivery And Pickup Guidelines
When ordering your 40 yard dumpster, you won't need to be onsite when the dumpster is dropped off or picked up, but it's important to follow these general guidelines::
- Clear approximately 60 feet of driveway space to accommodate the dumpster and delivery truck.
- If you need to place the dumpster in the street, you will need to get a permit from the city first.
- Need about 23 feet of vertical clearance is needed to roll the dumpster off of the truck. Check that the delivery area is free of any obstructions.
- It’s important to stay within the weight limit of your dumpster to avoid any overage fees.
Still wondering if a 40 yard dumpster is right size?
We can help!. Call 408-872-2385 and our customer service representative will help you estimate the amount of trash you'll be throwing out to ensure that a 10 yard container is the right size for your project. Our variety of sizes can handle all types of materials from household debris to heavy construction debris.