Dimensions and Other Features of a 30 Yard Dumpster Rental
A 30 yard dumpster is great for larger projects, whether that be at your home or at your job site. Check out the specifications below to determine if you should rent a 30 yard dumpster for your next project:
- Typical Dimensions: 22 feet X 7.5 feet X 6 feet.
- Capacity: 30 yard roll off containers hold approximately 10 pick-up trucks of debris.
- General Weight Limit: A 30 yard dumpster can hold 3.5 - 5 tons (7,000 - 10,000 pounds) of materials. Please note weight limits vary by location.
Is a 30 Yard Dumpster Right Size For Your Project?
30 yard dumpsters are generally used for larger remodeling and renovation type projects. Here are some examples::
- Business cleanouts or renovations.
- Major home additions.
- Handling debris from home construction and demolition.
- Renovating a large kitchen and bathroom
- Large-scale lawn cleanup.
- Cleaning out an entire home.
Delivery and Pickup Guidelines
When ordering your 30 yard dumpster, you won't need to be onsite when the dumpster is dropped off or picked up, but it's important to follow these general guidelines:
- About 60 feet of space leading to the spot you want the dumpster dropped off. If your driveway can't accommodate for that, you'll need a permit from the city for street placement.
- The delivery truck needs about 23 feet of vertical space to raise and place the container.
- It’s important to stay within the weight limit of your dumpster to avoid any overage fees.
- During delivery and pickup, avoid a trip fee by ensuring that there isn't anything blocking the truck's access to the area.
Still wondering if a 30 yard dumpster is right size?
We can help!. Call 408-872-2385 and our customer service representative will help you estimate the amount of trash you'll be throwing out to ensure that a 30 yard container is the right size for your project. Our variety of sizes can handle all types of materials from household debris to heavy construction debris.