Dimensions and Other Features of a 20 Yard Dumpster Rental
The 20 yard dumpster's versatility makes it our most commonly-rented dumpster size. A 20 yard dumpster rental is big enough to handle a sizable quantity of debris, yet compact enough to fit on the average driveway. Check out the key points below to learn if this is the right size for you or call us at 408-872-2385 to speak to a customer service representative:
- Typical Dimensions: 20 cubic yard dumpsters typically measure 16 feet x 8 feet x 3.5 feet
- Capacity: 20 yard roll off containers hold approximately 7 pick-up trucks of debris.
- General Weight Limit: A 20 yard Dumspter Rental generally covers disposal of about 3 tons (6,000 pounds) of material. Call 408-872-2385 to learn the weight limit for your location.
Is a 20 Yard Dumpster Right For Your Project?
A 20 yard dumpster is our most popular rented roll off dumspter as it suits a variety of projects, including:
- Remodeling & Construction for contractors like room remodels, small kitchen, or completing a roof tear-off.
- Disposing of construction heavy debris like driveway, sidewalk, brick or concrete path.
- Cleaning out the garage.
- Decluttering an attic and basement.
- Removing trees, large yad cleanups and other yard debris after a landscaping project.
Delivery and Pickup Guidelines:
When ordering your 20 yard dumpster, you won't need to be onsite when the dumpster is dropped off or picked up, but it's important to follow these general guidelines:
- Clear approximately 60 feet of driveway space to accommodate the dumpster and delivery truck.
- If you need to place the dumpster in the street, you will need to get a permit from the city first.
- Need about 23 feet of vertical clearance is needed to roll the dumpster off of the truck. Check that the delivery area is free of any obstructions.
- It’s important to stay within the weight limit of your dumpster to avoid any overage fees.
Still wondering if a 20 yard dumpster is right size?
We can help!. Call 408-872-2385 and our customer service representative will help you estimate the amount of trash you'll be throwing out to ensure that a 20 yard container is the right size for your project. Our variety of sizes can handle all types of materials from household debris to heavy construction debris.