Typical Dimensions and Capacity of a 10 Yard Dumpster Rental
A 10 yard dumpster is usually appropriate for small remodeling projects and medium sized clean up projects.
- Typical Dimensions of a 10 yard dumpster: 12 feet (long) x 8 feet (wide) x 3 feet (high)
- Capacity: 10 cubic yards of material, or 3 pickup truck loads.
- General Weight Limit: 2 - 3 tons of material, or 4,000-6,000 lbs (weight limits vary by location).
- Other Features: A 10 yard dumpster can fit in almost any driveway.
Is a 10 Yard Dumpster Right For Your Project?
A 10 yard dumpster is the smallest and least expensive dumpster. A 10 yard dumpster is often used for small waste/junk removal and residential projects such as:
- Small bathroom or kitchen remodels.
- Small roof replacements up to 1500 sq ft
- Garage or basement cleanouts.
- Dirt and concrete removals. (price will be different)
- Interior renovations. (price will be different)
Delivery And Pickup Guidelines
When ordering your 10 yard dumpster, you won't need to be onsite when the dumpster is dropped off or picked up, but it's important to follow these general guidelines::
- Clear approximately 60 feet of driveway space to accommodate the dumpster and delivery truck.
- If you need to place the dumpster in the street, you will need to get a permit from the city first.
- Need about 23 feet of vertical clearance is needed to roll the dumpster off of the truck. Check that the delivery area is free of any obstructions.
- It’s important to stay within the weight limit of your dumpster to avoid any overage fees.
Still wondering if a 10 yard dumpster is right size?
We can help!. Call 408-872-2385 and our customer service representative will help you estimate the amount of trash you'll be throwing out to ensure that a 10 yard container is the right size for your project. Our variety of sizes can handle all types of materials from household debris to heavy construction debris.